Top 5 Movies Every Buzzhead Has Gotta See This Summer
Every summer is packed with multi million dollar blockbuster movies that vie for our attention and Summer 2012 is no exception. There is just one problem… movie ticket prices continue to rise, the economy still sucks, and to top things off your girlfriend insists on getting popcorn, candy AND a $6 bottle of water from the concession stand at EVERY movie… OK that last one may only be my problem. My point is that we have to be responsible with our money and that means picking and choosing what movies we will shell out the cash to see in theaters and which ones will get redboxed in 4 months.
Therefore, let me introduce all of you Buzzhead’s to Rippin’ Robbie Cage’s Top 5 can’t miss movies of the summer.
5. The Expendibles 2: The first Expendibles flick united some of action movies biggest names of the last 20 years. Guys like Stallone, Jet Li, Dolf Lundgren, Jason Statham, and Mickey Rourke. Expendibles 2 ups the ante adding names like Bruce Willis, Arnold Shwarzenegger,Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Chuck Norris.The 72 year old Norris is appearing in his first theatrical release since 1995.
4. The Amazing Spider Man: I know what you are thinking… Hell no not ANOTHER crappy Spider Man movie. That’s what I thought at first as well, but the more research I did I discovered that this one wont be so bad. This Spidey flick features and all new cast and director. It is a reboot putting Peter Parker back in High School. He even has a different lady in his life. This version of Spider Man promises to me a lot more gritty and real (as gritty and real as a story about a teenager with spider like superpowers can be) and a lot less campy and Douchetastic.
3. Men in Black III: This one is a little bit of a wild card. I am banking on the fact that it has been so long since the last MIB movie and that the time travel factor is going to give the movie a little more edge.
2. The Avengers: This looks to be the best Marvel Studios movie yet. Not only does it bring together 7 Heroes from the Marvel universe together in one flick, but it has got Robert Downey Jr. Not to mention a perfect director in Joss Whedon. Expect this movie to be funnier than all the other superhero movies and the final battle scene to be better than all previous Marvel movies combined.
1. The Dark Knight Rises:There is no doubt that this will be the biggest movie of the summer, and rightfully so. This film is the climactic finish to the Batman Trilogy. Christopher Nolan does what no other superhero movie director has been able to or even tried to do put finality in the hero’s story. The question is… Will Bruce Wayne survive?