American Pie 4: American Reunion
I loved “American Pie”. Its a DVD in my collection that I will never get rid of and still watch it to this day. This movie came out when I was a senior at Old High and my friends and I could all relate to one of the characters. Unfortunately, my friends decided I was much like the character Jim (played by Jason Biggs).
“American Pie” was followed by two decent sequels, each not as good as its predecessor, and a string of crappy straight-to-DVD releases. But now, “American Pie 4: American Reunion” is in the works with the entire original cast returning for their 10-year High School reunion. The Hollywood Insider has a few rumors about the upcoming film…
1. The entire gang from the first film is returning to Great Falls for their 10-year reunion, thanks to Facebook.
2. Oz (Chris Cline) has hit the big time on a “Dancing With The Stars”-type program and now lives in Malibu with a shallow girlfriend who only wants him for his money.
3. Stiffler (Seann William Scott) has fallen on hard times. He’s single and working for a temp agency under an unruly boss. Upon returning to Great Falls, Stiffler hooks up with a former hottie from High School who has gained 80 pounds since graduation.
4. Jim’s old next door neighbor Kara is all grown up and has a crush on Jim. Her infatuation with Jim causes problems with her boyfriend Marco and puts Jim’s marriage to Michelle (Alyson Hannigan) to the test.
5. The infamous video of Jim and Nadia from high school has been put online, making Jim a “YouTube Sensation”.
6. Oz’s ex-girlfriend Heather (Mena Suvari) returns for the reunion with a new boyfriend more than 10 years older than her who tries to act younger.
7. New character Trisha is a friend of Michelle’s from band camp who is apparently the love interest for Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas), though Stiffler’s Mom will make a return.
At this point, trade papers only list Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott and Eugene Levy (Jim’s Dad) as returning, however all remaining cast members are “definitely involved” with the project. Hopefully they will be able to recapture the magic from the first film. This could be a beautiful follow-up/closer for the original movies, or a brutal deathblow.